This is the most popular textbook used to teach Chinese in universities all over the United States. Designed for native English speakers to learn Chinese, the objective of this textbook, and its companion workbooks, is to develop the student's ability to communicate in Chinese through the study of language structure, language function, and related cultural knowledge. The text incorporates training in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. Every lesson includes the following sections: Text, New Words, Notes, Conversation Practice, Reading Comprehension, Phonetics, Grammar, Characters and Cultural Notes. The book uses several fictional characters in different situations to make the Chinese learning experience more enjoyable. This textbook includes 12 lessons.
27. Living on the Same Way as Natives
28. Small Gift means a lot.
29. More Advices Please!
30. They Are Practicing TaiJi Sward!
31. Chinese Named It Mother River.
32. Don't Ask Private Questions
33. Protecting The Environment Is Protecting Us.
34. Legacy of Goddess Mountain.
35. Lets Me Drive The Car For Now.
36. Weather In Beijing Is Hot Now.
37. Who Is Going To Pay The Meal?
38. How to Address the Parent-In-Law If You Married a Chinese.
Paperback, Simplified Chinese Characters, English & Pinyin, 249 Pages, 8.25'' x 11''